Vibrant, diverse, peaceful Asian rural communities, living in harmony with nature as stewards of the earth, whose members are able to:
- realize their full human potential
- collectively chart their path to development
- provide for their present and future needs, and
- share equitably the fruits of their labors in community celebrations of Life.
The ANGOC network will catalyze, consolidate and enhance the energies and capacities of Asian NGOs in addressing issues and reforming institutions that impact significantly on Asian rural communities, by developing, disseminating and mainstreaming innovative, people-centered development agenda and experiences.
In carrying out this mission, ANGOC is guided and transformed by the following core values:
- Builds upon the diversity of our cultures and spirituality whose roots lie at the core of our Asian identity and values
- Restores the rights and sustainable management of communities over their resources and livelihood
- Recognizes the autonomy of communities to design and realize their own development with gender equity and human development
- Restores and enhances the freedom and self-governance of grassroots communities and places them at the center of development.
- Enable people to achieve self-reliance and self-sufficiency in their basic needs, live in a culture of peace and harmony and organize themselves to deal with all forces that impede their empowerment.
To enhance the capacities of Asian NGOs to nurture and empower Asian rural organizations and communities by:
- Creating understanding, consensus and common cause to address pressing and emerging issues
- Broadening the democratic space and enabling environment of NGOs and CSOs for effective participation in governance
- Developing, disseminating and mainstreaming successful experiences, tools and approaches related to food
through a strong regional network and a dynamic ANGOC Regional Secretariat